Hedera will continue to verify the identity of anyone with whom we directly transact (e.g., by providing hbars or access to technology). For example, if you participate in programs that the company runs or if you create an account through the Hedera Portal, you will need to submit identification information for verification and KYC review. Additionally, if you are a developer that would like to create a testnet account, you will also need to go through our KYC process. However, after Open Access, users will be able to create Hedera accounts indirectly through third-party applications. It will be up to those applications, based on the type of application and its legal obligations, to determine whether users must verify their identity.
Articles in this section
- What is a verified identity (KYC) and why do I need to provide this?
- Which regions are eligible to create a Hedera Portal Profile?
- How is my personal data processed by Hedera?
- Who is partnered with Hedera to do identity verification?
- Which legal documents can I use to verify my identity (KYC) in the Hedera Portal?
- I don't have any of the required legal documents to complete identity verification.
- How long do I need to wait for Hedera to approve my identity?
- Is KYC required post Open Access?
- My identity verification was rejected in error. How do I receive approval manually?