Hedera will verify the identity of anyone who seeks access to our mainnet portal for the purpose of direct transactions. For example, if you are looking to use the Hedera Wallet application to be paired with your Hedera mainnet account ID, you will need to submit identification information for verification and KYC review. If you are a developer that would only like to create a testnet account, minimal identity information will be requested and you will be able to access the testnets right away. Since Open Access, users are able to create Hedera accounts indirectly through third-party applications. It is up to those applications, based on the type of application and its legal obligations, to determine whether users must verify their identity.
Articles in this section
- What is a verified identity (KYC) and why do I need to provide this?
- Which regions are eligible to create a Hedera Portal Profile?
- How is my personal data processed by Hedera?
- Who is partnered with Hedera to do identity verification?
- Which legal documents can I use to verify my identity (KYC) in the Hedera Portal?
- I don't have any of the required legal documents to complete identity verification.
- How long do I need to wait for Hedera to approve my identity?
- Is KYC required post Open Access?
- My identity verification was rejected in error. How do I receive approval manually?