Before setting up your Hedera Browser Extension, you'll need to have completed the following:
- Created a Hedera Portal profile
- Set up your Hedera Wallet
- Install the Hedera Browser Extension for Google Chrome
Once the above steps have been completed, you'll link your Hedera Wallet to the extension by completing the steps found below.
- Your laptop/desktop and mobile device must be on the same IPv4 wifi network. IPv6 will not work.
- Public wifi networks (such as co-working spaces) are likely to fail; instead, please use a home wifi or 3rd personal hotspot device wifi.
- Disable AdBlocking extensions during setup.
- Ensure that your Hedera Wallet and the Hedera Browser Extension are the latest versions.
- After installing the Hedera Browser Extension for Google Chrome, open the extension pop-out and click the "PAIR A DEVICE" button.
- After clicking "Pair a Device" and observing the QR code in the chrome extension, open your Hedera Wallet menu and tap "Export Key" from the menu.
- After tapping "Export Key", allow access to your mobile device's camera and position the camera to view the QR code.
- Once the mobile Hedera Wallet application detects the QR code, an "Activation Code" will appear on-screen; enter the "Activation Code" into the text field of the Hedera Browser Extension and click "Complete Pairing". If you're having trouble with this step, please see the "troubleshooting" tips at the top of this article.
- If the Activation Code has been entered successfully, you should now see that the Hedera Browser Extension displays "Account Overview".
Privacy / Security Note: We take your privacy very seriously, as such, to pair the Hedera Wallet and Hedera Browser Extension. Your devices must be on the same Wifi network securely transfer your private key from the Hedera Wallet to the Hedera Browser Extension, without it being transmitted over the internet. The Hedera Browser Extension generates a temporary RSA-3072 key pair to be used for a single attempted transfer.