We would have liked to offer the SAFT as widely as possible, yet we are also committed to complying with applicable laws and regulations. Therefore, the SAFT was not offered in jurisdictions where, based upon the advice of legal counsel, doing so could place either Hedera or investors at risk of violating local laws and regulations, particularly as they relate to securities offerings, offshore investments, or the sale of tokens or cryptocurrencies.
Articles in this section
- Will I receive proxy stake earnings on HBAR, per my SAFT agreement(s), that have not yet been distributed to me?
- How do I enable authentication, for SAFT-related communications, through my current email provider?
- Which email providers, by default, are supported by Hedera for SAFT-related communications?
- How do I create a Hedera Portal profile and set up my Hedera wallet, to receive my HBAR distribution?
- Where is the SAFT Portal and how do I request a copy of my SAFT(s)?
- Why did Hedera file a form with the SEC about an offering of almost $700M?
- How many coins are allocated to founders, employees and others as compensation?
- Does Hedera consider the SAFT proceeds to be income?
- Does Hedera consider Simple Agreement for Future Tokens (SAFTs) and/or hbars to be securities?
- What is the lockup period for institutional investors?