- A mobile device on Android 6.0+ or iOS 10.0+
- Hedera Portal profile created at portal.hedera.com
- Downloaded the Hedera Wallet app for Android or iOS
- Completed setting up your pin, fingerprint, or Face ID
- Setting the date / time on your device to automatic
- IMPORTANT You MUST securely document your wallet's 24 word passphrase. For more information, visit: https://help.hedera.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000714658
Setup using a mobile device (iOS / Android)
- Open your mobile browser — navigate and log in to portal.hedera.com.
- Once logged in (after passing KYC) you'll see in the purple box asking which network you would like to join. Tap "mainnet".
- You'll see "Download & Link Hedera Wallet" — Tap "Continue" to download the Hedera Wallet for iOS / Android.
- After your Hedera Wallet application download completes, open the Hedera Wallet application and tap "Create new wallet".
- Accept the terms and conditions. You'll then see a 24 word backup phrase. You must securely document this passphrase. And then enable authentication (fingerprint, FaceID, 4 digit pin, etc.).
- You'll be prompted to select an account to link — tap "Default Account....XXXX". You should see the message "Account link request sent successfully".
Troubleshooting: If the "Link Account" option does not appear in your Hedera Wallet, please go back to portal.hedera.com and tap "Continue" — this will re-open your Hedera Wallet to initiate the account linking process.
- You'll be automatically taken back to the Hedera Portal in your mobile browser; an account ID will appear in the purple box. Do not click "I've Paired My Account", yet (you will do this later).
- Copy the account ID X.X.XXXX and open your Hedera Wallet application. Tap the sidebar menu and tap "Default Account" to view your account information. Paste your account ID into the empty "Account ID" field.
- Tap "Close". On the main screen of your Hedera Wallet application, tap the "refresh" icon on the top right of your application — this will refresh your balance. Your account balance should be around 5 hbars.
- You can now go back to the Hedera portal (portal.hedera.com) and click the "I've Paired My Account" button.
- Your Hedera Wallet is now properly configured to send and receive hbar cryptocurrency transactions.