Swirlds is the licensor of the underlying hashgraph technology that enables the Hedera Hashgraph Platform, and will continue to develop the technology. Swirlds is a member of the Hedera Council and will have the same voting rights as every other Governing Member. Prior to formal launch of the platform and the council, Swirlds may retain control of governance and network development. After launch, the operation of the network and all changes to the codebase will be controlled by the votes of the Council, not by Swirlds.
Articles in this section
- Approximately how much would it cost to store all txs history without a mirror network? Is it realistically affordable for a startup?
- What companies are we working with for security audits, and will these be completed before OA?
- Will the codebase be open-review before open access?
- Why would I want to proxy-stake my hbars to a node?
- What is Open Access?
- Do nodes need to know the size of the network?
- What is the difference between accounts & wallets?
- Is the Hedera hashgraph platform post-quantum resistant?
- When will the mainnet be Open Access?
- How is Proxy Staking different from DPoS?