Currently, Hedera is a public network with permissioned nodes run by the Hedera Governing Council. However, in the future the network will grow to include permissionless nodes.
Articles in this section
- Approximately how much would it cost to store all txs history without a mirror network? Is it realistically affordable for a startup?
- What companies are we working with for security audits, and will these be completed before OA?
- Will the codebase be open-review before open access?
- Why would I want to proxy-stake my hbars to a node?
- What is Open Access?
- Do nodes need to know the size of the network?
- What is the difference between accounts & wallets?
- Is Hedera post-quantum resistant?
- When will the mainnet be Open Access?
- How is Proxy Staking different from DPoS?