I SET UP MY HEDERA WALLET APPLICATION BEFORE THE 1.1 RELEASE (Monday May 13th, 2019)
If you created your Hedera account using a version of the Hedera Wallet that pre-dates v1.1 (released Monday, May 13th 2019), your passphrase contains 22 words. You can use this 22 word passphrase to restore your Hedera Wallet in v1.1+, however, you will receive a new 24 word passphrase to replace your 22 word passphrase — this new 24 word passphrase can be found in the "Backup Passphrases" section of the Hedera Wallet. Please securely store this new 24 word passphrase, and delete the old 22 word passphrase.
I SET UP MY HEDERA WALLET APPLICATION AFTER THE HEDERA WALLET VERSION 1.1+ RELEASE (Monday May 13th, 2019)
If you created your Hedera account using Hedera Wallet application version 1.1+, your passphrase will contain 24 words. Please securely store this 24 word passphrase. You can find your 24 word passphrase by visiting the "Backup Passphrases" menu in the Hedera Wallet application.
YOU WILL NEED THE PASSPHRASE GENERATED WHEN CREATING YOUR ORIGINAL WALLET ACCOUNT IN ORDER TO PERFORM A RESTORE. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO RESTORE AN EXISTING WALLET WITHOUT ACCESS TO THAT PASSPHRASE.
- Launch a newly downloaded/installed version of the Hedera Wallet application for iOS or Android, and tap the "Restore Existing Wallet" button.
- Copy/paste or manually type your passphrase into the box provided during the setup of your original Hedera Wallet.
- Tap the "Restore" button after entering the passphrase to restore your wallet to its original state, and gain access to your Hedera account.
- Tap the icon and then tap "Default Account" to view your account information.
- Visit https://portal.hedera.com and log in to your profile view your Account ID.
- Enter into the Hedera Wallet's "Account ID" field your account ID, found in Hedera portal and tap the "Close" button when finished.