Membership in Hedera Hashgraph, LLC represents pro rata ownership of the limited liability company for the term of membership. Members become party to the LLC’s operating agreement, which confers ownership and associated rights and responsibilities, including the right to vote on key governance matters. However, that ownership interest in Hedera Hashgraph, LLC does not represent traditional equity interests or ownership of hbar coins. As discussed elsewhere, a membership interest in Hedera does not provide its holder with any economic rights to profits or proceeds upon a sale of Hedera Hashgraph, LLC or with any individual ownership of the hbar coins held in Hedera’s treasury account
Articles in this section
- Who owns Hedera Hashgraph, LLC? Who owns the coins in the treasury?
- Since some of the Council members are large global companies, did they join at the parent level or through a subsidiary?
- What are the current Hedera governance rules? Will Hedera release the full legal agreements relating to each Council member?
- What are the responsibilities of Council members?
- What does membership in Hedera represent? E.g. coins, equity?
- Did Council members buy their membership in Hedera? If so, at what valuation?
- Has Hedera purchased professional services from any of its Council members?
- Are council members required to build applications on the platform?
- What is the Hedera Hashgraph Council? What is the role of this governing body?
- Can the Hedera Hashgraph Council manipulate the rules of consensus? How is this prevented?