Membership in Hedera Hashgraph, LLC represents pro rata ownership of the limited liability company for the term of membership. Members become party to the LLC’s operating agreement, which confers ownership and associated rights and responsibilities, including the right to vote on key governance matters. However, that ownership interest in Hedera Hashgraph, LLC does not represent traditional equity interests or ownership of hbar coins. As discussed elsewhere, a membership interest in Hedera does not provide its holder with any economic rights to profits or proceeds upon a sale of Hedera Hashgraph, LLC or with any individual ownership of the hbar coins held in Hedera’s treasury account
Articles in this section
- Is there a limit to the number of companies from any one industry that can be on the Council at any given time?
- What Council decisions require unanimous votes rather than 2/3rds?
- What are the requirements from the Council members, i.e. how much of an obligation do they sign on for?
- How frequently will the Council members meet?
- Who owns Hedera Hashgraph, LLC? Who owns the coins in the treasury?
- Since some of the Council members are large global companies, did they join at the parent level or through a subsidiary?
- What are the current Hedera governance rules? Will Hedera release the full legal agreements relating to each Council member?
- What are the responsibilities of Council members?
- What does membership in Hedera represent? E.g. coins, equity?
- Did Council members buy their membership in Hedera? If so, at what valuation?