Hedera is governed through a limited liability company operating agreement, a legal agreement to which all Council members are a party. The plan is to make the key terms of the LLC agreement publicly available after more companies have joined the Council and when we no longer expect material revisions to the agreement. Minutes from Council meetings will also be publicly released, on a time schedule to be determined by the Council.
Articles in this section
- Who owns Hedera Hashgraph, LLC? Who owns the coins in the treasury?
- Since some of the Council members are large global companies, did they join at the parent level or through a subsidiary?
- What are the current Hedera governance rules? Will Hedera release the full legal agreements relating to each Council member?
- What are the responsibilities of Council members?
- What does membership in Hedera represent? E.g. coins, equity?
- Did Council members buy their membership in Hedera? If so, at what valuation?
- Has Hedera purchased professional services from any of its Council members?
- Are council members required to build applications on the platform?
- What is the Hedera Hashgraph Council? What is the role of this governing body?
- Can the Hedera Hashgraph Council manipulate the rules of consensus? How is this prevented?