The primary responsibilities of Council members are to (i) host and maintain the initial Hedera network nodes and (ii) participate in Hedera network governance, which includes matters like the approval of software updates and oversight of network pricing, the management of Hedera’s treasury of hbars, and policies relating to regulatory compliance.
Articles in this section
- Why did Hedera create a new role of President, and what does it mean that Brett McDowell is now the Chair and President?
- When will the payments be made from Hedera to Swirlds Labs, as part of the previously announced outsourcing agreement?
- Board Compensation at Hedera
- How would Hedera comply with a Government sanction?
- Can the Council freeze an account or roll back a transaction?
- Can Hedera pursue Central Bank Digital Currency Initiatives?
- Who serves on Hedera’s Board of Directors?
- How does Hedera address perceived or actual conflicts of interest between Hedera and individual Council members?
- How does the Council divide its governing responsibilities?
- How are Council members selected?