The primary responsibilities of Council members are to (i) host and maintain the initial Hedera network nodes and (ii) participate in Hedera network governance, which includes matters like the approval of software updates and oversight of network pricing, the management of Hedera’s treasury of hbars, and policies relating to regulatory compliance.
Articles in this section
- What is the schedule for coins to be released from Hedera’s Treasury?
- Will the Council publish which decisions require unanimous vs super majority agreement?
- Who will hold the keys for Council members, and how will they be managed?
- Is there a limit to the number of companies from any one industry that can be on the Council at any given time?
- What Council decisions require unanimous votes rather than 2/3rds?
- What are the requirements from the Council members, i.e. how much of an obligation do they sign on for?
- How frequently will the Council members meet?
- Who owns Hedera Hashgraph, LLC? Who owns the coins in the treasury?
- Since some of the Council members are large global companies, did they join at the parent level or through a subsidiary?
- What are the current Hedera governance rules? Will Hedera release the full legal agreements relating to each Council member?