The primary responsibilities of Council members are to (i) host and maintain the initial Hedera network nodes and (ii) participate in Hedera network governance, which includes matters like the approval of software updates and oversight of network pricing, the management of Hedera’s treasury of hbars, and policies relating to regulatory compliance.
Articles in this section
- Can Hedera pursue Central Bank Digital Currency Initiatives?
- Who serves on Hedera’s Board of Managers?
- How does Hedera address perceived or actual conflicts of interest between Hedera and individual Council members?
- How does the Council divide its governing responsibilities?
- How are Council members selected?
- Who formed the Council? When was it created?
- Did Hedera pay Council members to join the Council?
- What economic rights do members of the Council have?
- What are the responsibilities of Council members?
- Who owns Hedera Hashgraph, LLC? Why was it structured this way?
- What does membership in Hedera represent? E.g. coins, equity?
- What are the current Hedera governance rules? Will Hedera release the full legal agreements relating to each Council member?
- Did Council members buy their membership in Hedera? If so, at what valuation?
- Since some of the Council members are large global companies, did they join at the parent level or through a subsidiary?
- Does Hedera consider Simple Agreement for Future Tokens (SAFTs) to be securities?