The primary responsibilities of Council members are to (i) host and maintain the initial Hedera network nodes and (ii) participate in Hedera network governance, which includes matters like the approval of software updates and oversight of network pricing, the management of Hedera’s treasury of hbars, and policies relating to regulatory compliance.
Articles in this section
- Who owns Hedera Hashgraph, LLC? Who owns the coins in the treasury?
- Since some of the Council members are large global companies, did they join at the parent level or through a subsidiary?
- What are the current Hedera governance rules? Will Hedera release the full legal agreements relating to each Council member?
- What are the responsibilities of Council members?
- What does membership in Hedera represent? E.g. coins, equity?
- Did Council members buy their membership in Hedera? If so, at what valuation?
- Has Hedera purchased professional services from any of its Council members?
- Are council members required to build applications on the platform?
- What is the Hedera Hashgraph Council? What is the role of this governing body?
- Can the Hedera Hashgraph Council manipulate the rules of consensus? How is this prevented?