Holders of hbars are incentivized to proxy-stake their hbars to nodes because they will be paid for doing so. Every 24 hours, the Hedera Treasury account will take the hbars it has received as transaction fees and distribute them as reward payments to the nodes that were active during that period. Node reward payments will be distributed to nodes in proportion to the amount of hbars staked and proxy-staked by a node. The payment reflecting a user’s proxy-staked coins will be split 50-50 between the node’s account and the user’s account.
Articles in this section
- Approximately how much would it cost to store all txs history without a mirror network? Is it realistically affordable for a startup?
- What companies are we working with for security audits, and will these be completed before OA?
- Will the codebase be open-review before open access?
- Why would I want to proxy-stake my hbars to a node?
- What is Open Access?
- Do nodes need to know the size of the network?
- What is the difference between accounts & wallets?
- Is Hedera post-quantum resistant?
- When will the mainnet be Open Access?
- How is Proxy Staking different from DPoS?