The primary requirements for Council members are to (i) participate in the governance of the Hedera network and (ii) host a node on the network. Council members will contribute their expertise and experience in Council deliberations and decision-making relating to software updates, Hedera Treasury management, network pricing, regulatory compliance, and other key governance matters.
Articles in this section
- Why did Hedera create a new role of President, and what does it mean that Brett McDowell is now the Chair and President?
- When will the payments be made from Hedera to Swirlds Labs, as part of the previously announced outsourcing agreement?
- Board Compensation at Hedera
- How would Hedera comply with a Government sanction?
- Can the Council freeze an account or roll back a transaction?
- Can Hedera pursue Central Bank Digital Currency Initiatives?
- Who serves on Hedera’s Board of Directors?
- How does Hedera address perceived or actual conflicts of interest between Hedera and individual Council members?
- How does the Council divide its governing responsibilities?
- How are Council members selected?