The primary requirements for Council members are to (i) participate in the governance of the Hedera network and (ii) host a node on the network. Council members will contribute their expertise and experience in Council deliberations and decision-making relating to software updates, Hedera Treasury management, network pricing, regulatory compliance, and other key governance matters.
Articles in this section
- What is the schedule for coins to be released from Hedera’s Treasury?
- Will the Council publish which decisions require unanimous vs super majority agreement?
- Who will hold the keys for Council members, and how will they be managed?
- Is there a limit to the number of companies from any one industry that can be on the Council at any given time?
- What Council decisions require unanimous votes rather than 2/3rds?
- What are the requirements from the Council members, i.e. how much of an obligation do they sign on for?
- How frequently will the Council members meet?
- Who owns Hedera Hashgraph, LLC? Who owns the coins in the treasury?
- Since some of the Council members are large global companies, did they join at the parent level or through a subsidiary?
- What are the current Hedera governance rules? Will Hedera release the full legal agreements relating to each Council member?