The intent is to have Council membership span a wide variety of industries (18 target industries have been identified). While we want to avoid overrepresentation from any particular industry, we have not set hard limits on industry representation, in part because industry categories may not always be clearly delineated.
Articles in this section
- Why did Hedera create a new role of President, and what does it mean that Brett McDowell is now the Chair and President?
- When will the payments be made from Hedera to Swirlds Labs, as part of the previously announced outsourcing agreement?
- Board Compensation at Hedera
- How would Hedera comply with a Government sanction?
- Can the Council freeze an account or roll back a transaction?
- Can Hedera pursue Central Bank Digital Currency Initiatives?
- Who serves on Hedera’s Board of Directors?
- How does Hedera address perceived or actual conflicts of interest between Hedera and individual Council members?
- How does the Council divide its governing responsibilities?
- How are Council members selected?
- What Council decisions require unanimous votes rather than 2/3rds?
- How frequently will the Council members meet?
- Who formed the Council? When was it created?
- Does Hedera pay Council members to join the Council?
- What are the requirements from the Council members, i.e. how much of an obligation do they sign on for?