The intent is to have Council membership span a wide variety of industries (18 target industries have been identified). While we want to avoid overrepresentation from any particular industry, we have not set hard limits on industry representation, in part because industry categories may not always be clearly delineated.
Articles in this section
- Can Hedera pursue Central Bank Digital Currency Initiatives?
- Who serves on Hedera’s Board of Managers?
- How does Hedera address perceived or actual conflicts of interest between Hedera and individual Council members?
- How does the Council divide its governing responsibilities?
- How are Council members selected?
- Who formed the Council? When was it created?
- Did Hedera pay Council members to join the Council?
- What economic rights do members of the Council have?
- What are the responsibilities of Council members?
- Who owns Hedera Hashgraph, LLC? Why was it structured this way?
- What Council decisions require unanimous votes rather than 2/3rds?
- What are the requirements from the Council members, i.e. how much of an obligation do they sign on for?
- How frequently will the Council members meet?
- Since some of the Council members are large global companies, did they join at the parent level or through a subsidiary?
- How are Hedera transaction fees calculated?