Hedera is governed through a limited liability company (LLC) agreement, a legal agreement to which all Council members are a party. The LLC agreement includes voting thresholds for various Council actions. The plan is to make the key terms of the LLC agreement publicly available after more companies have joined the Council and when we no longer expect material revisions to the agreement.
Articles in this section
- What is the schedule for coins to be released from Hedera’s Treasury?
- Will the Council publish which decisions require unanimous vs super majority agreement?
- Who will hold the keys for Council members, and how will they be managed?
- Is there a limit to the number of companies from any one industry that can be on the Council at any given time?
- What Council decisions require unanimous votes rather than 2/3rds?
- What are the requirements from the Council members, i.e. how much of an obligation do they sign on for?
- How frequently will the Council members meet?
- Who owns Hedera Hashgraph, LLC? Who owns the coins in the treasury?
- Since some of the Council members are large global companies, did they join at the parent level or through a subsidiary?
- What are the current Hedera governance rules? Will Hedera release the full legal agreements relating to each Council member?