When an account is created, a renewal period is specified and the payer account is charged enough hbars so that the new account will not expire for this time. When it reaches the renewal time, the account will then be automatically charged to renew for the same time. If it does not have enough hbars to renew for that long, then the remaining hbars are used to extend its expiration as long as possible. If it is has a zero balance when it expires, then it is deleted.
Articles in this section
- Where can I find the full fee schedule & estimator?
- What fees does Hedera charge to use the network?
- Why do users need to pay for network services and why must they do so in hbars?
- How are Hedera transaction fees calculated?
- What do Hedera fees reflect?
- How are Hedera transaction fees broken out?
- How are the transfers and fees associated with a transaction published?
- How does the exchange rate impact transaction fees?
- What does a COST_ANSWER query return?
- Are there any free operations?