Any object stored in state, whether an account, file, or smart contract, that is no longer funded, ie the associated paying account has insufficient funds to pay for that storage, will be automatically removed from the state.
Articles in this section
- What does a COST_ANSWER query return?
- Are there any free operations?
- How is Solidity gas accounted for in determing the fee for a smart contract operation?
- Who pays for threshold records?
- How many accounts are associated with an hbar transfer?
- How is the fee for a query paid?
- Why are transaction receipts free to request? But transaction records not?
- Why does a query have no network or service fee component?
- Why do transactions from a multi-signature account cost more?
- Do transaction fees account for ‘rent’?