Yes, in addition to how much of the network’s scarce resources a transaction consumes, transaction fees will reflect the duration of that consumption. For instance, storing a 1 kb file for 1 year will be 52 times more expensive than storing the same file for 1 week.
Articles in this section
- How are the transfers and fees associated with a transaction published?
- How does the exchange rate impact transaction fees?
- What does a COST_ANSWER query return?
- Are there any free operations?
- How is Solidity gas accounted for in determing the fee for a smart contract operation?
- Who pays for threshold records?
- How many accounts are associated with an hbar transfer?
- How is the fee for a query paid?
- Why are transaction receipts free to request? But transaction records not?
- Why does a query have no network or service fee component?