Yes, in addition to how much of the network’s scarce resources a transaction consumes, transaction fees will reflect the duration of that consumption. For instance, storing a 1 kb file for 1 year will be 52 times more expensive than storing the same file for 1 week.
Articles in this section
- Where can I find the full fee schedule & estimator?
- What fees does Hedera charge to use the network?
- Why do users need to pay for network services and why must they do so in hbars?
- How are Hedera transaction fees calculated?
- What do Hedera fees reflect?
- How are Hedera transaction fees broken out?
- How are the transfers and fees associated with a transaction published?
- How does the exchange rate impact transaction fees?
- What does a COST_ANSWER query return?
- Are there any free operations?