An account can stipulate thresholds for sending and receiving hbars. If and when a transaction surpasses a threshold, a record for that transaction is automatically created and persisted for 24 hours (rather than the default 3 minutes). The account that stipulated the thresholds will pay for the creation and storage of that record. Any clients that subsequently query for that record (within the 24 hours) will pay for that query.
Articles in this section
- What does a COST_ANSWER query return?
- Are there any free operations?
- How is Solidity gas accounted for in determing the fee for a smart contract operation?
- Who pays for threshold records?
- How many accounts are associated with an hbar transfer?
- How is the fee for a query paid?
- Why are transaction receipts free to request? But transaction records not?
- Why does a query have no network or service fee component?
- Why do transactions from a multi-signature account cost more?
- Do transaction fees account for ‘rent’?