With a Hedera Portal profile you can create up to three mainnet accounts. To add a second, or third Hedera mainnet account you will need to create and input new key pairs. There are several options to do so; the primary are using the Hedera Wallet app or the Hedera Java SDK.
Note: the Hedera Wallet does not support using multiple accounts. To use multiple accounts we suggest having multiple devices.
Using the Hedera Wallet app (Recommended)
- 1. Delete the wallet from your phone – be sure you have securely stored your first account’s passphrase
- Re-download the Hedera Wallet app
- Open the wallet and select ‘Create new wallet’
- Document your new 24-word passphrase
- View your newly generated public key from the menu under `Accounts > Default Account`
- Copy your public key
- Go to your portal page at portal.hedera.com
- Choose the ‘Add account’ button on your portal home screen
- Input or paste your new public key here
- The portal will give you a new account ID
- Return back to the Hedera Wallet app and input this new account ID in the Account ID box found in the menu under `Accounts > Default Account`
Refresh your balance to confirm your account is now properly configured and tied to the Hedera Wallet app. As always, be sure to store your passphrase in a secure location.
Using the Hedera Java SDK
Follow the direction to set up the Hedera Java SDK and generate keys in this Hedera docs guide.