Support for Ledger hardware wallets is coming soon. The instructions and open source software found below are still under development. Hedera will make it known when support for Ledger hardware wallets is complete.
Before you begin, check if your Ledger device is genuine
- the origin of your Ledger product.
- the content of the box of the Ledger device.
- the condition of the Recovery sheet.
- the initial state of the Ledger device.
- the source where the device was procured from; use only trusted resellers and do not buy your secure device from marketplace or untrusted sources.
What would you need before getting started
- Ledger Nano S with the supplied micro USB cable.
- Computer (at least Windows 8 (64-bit), macOS 10.8, or Linux) with internet.
- The Ledger Live application downloaded and installed.
Step 1: Installing Ledger Live on your PC, Mac, or Linux
Ledger Live features interactive setup instructions. Simply open the app to get started. Read the Ledger FAQ on setting up the device and ledger live app: https://support.ledger.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000613793
Updating the Firmware
If you have an older version of firmware on the device, it is required to update the firmware to the latest: https://support.ledger.com/hc/en-us/articles/360002731113
Setting up a new Device
- Connect the Ledger Nano S to your computer using the supplied USB cable.
- Read the instructions on the screen and press both buttons simultaneously to proceed.
- Press the right button located above the validation icon when "Configure as new device?" is displayed.
Restoring a new Device
Attach the Ledger Nano S with the supplied micro-USB cable. Get the recovery phrase to restore. BIP39/BIP44 recovery phrases are supported.
Step 2: Installing Hedera Hashgraph "Bolos" App
- Open the manager in Ledger Live.
- Connect and unlock your Ledger Nano S.
- If asked, allow the manager on your device by pressing the right button.
- Find Hedera Hashgraph in the application catalog.
- Click the Install button of the app.
- Check the installation progress on the window.
- Your device will display "Processing…"
- The app installation is confirmed.
- Check for the hedera logo on the ledger device display
Step 3: Create an account on the Hedera Mainnet
Please note: If someone you know already has an account on the Hedera mainnet, and is willing to create and fund an account for you using their mainnet account, please skip to step 4.
You can create an account on the Hedera Mainnet within the Hedera Portal at https://portal.hedera.com/. Please note that creating a mainnet account in the Hedera Portal requires submitting to KYC, which may take up to 5 business days. For detailed instructions on how to create a Hedera mainnet account, please visit: https://help.hedera.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000673917
Please note: The Hedera Portal does not require, capture, reference, or store your private key.
Once you've completed setup of your Hedera mainnet account and the Hedera Wallet (iOS / Android), your account information will be available within the Hedera wallet, which can then be used to securely create a new account for your Ledger hardware wallet on MyHbarWallet.com (step 4).
Step 4: Use MyHbarWallet.com to securely create a new Hedera account on the Ledger Nano S
An existing Hedera account holder can securely create a new account for your the Ledger Nano S by visiting MyHbarWallet.com and following the step-by-step video instructions found below. Please note that MyHbarWallet.com is a community supported browser wallet that is not officially supported by Hedera Hashgraph.