We believe that issuing new SAFTs and amending the SAFT release schedules will help incentivize SAFT holders – many of whom are also developers and/or otherwise involved in the broader DLT ecosystem – to continue supporting further growth and development of the Hedera network, while further slowing the release of coins (which is contractually set) during this period of early adoption. The Offer also provides an opportunity for us to reward our SAFT holders for their early support and provide a valuable incentive to continue to engage with the Hedera community and network ecosystem. The decision to make the Offer was informed, in part, by a report provided by the Prysm Group, dated November 20, 2019, which indicated that delaying SAFT release schedules would be beneficial to the network economics by further aligning coin release to initial adoption. By making this Offer to exchange outstanding SAFTs for new SAFTs with slower release schedules and a return of additional hbars based on the pace of network adoption, we intend to create better network incentives and maximize SAFT holder and developer engagement.
Articles in this section
- How much revenue does Hedera currently generate?
- Where can I find the SAFT Exchange Offer documents?
- How does Hedera allocate hbars to its employees, vendors, advisors and other service providers?
- How is Hedera management compensated?
- What factors could cause Hedera to change its strategy regarding the number of hbars in circulation?
- How is the Offer expected to impact the current hbar release schedules?
- What is the status of Hedera’s hbar release schedules prior to making this SAFT Exchange Offer?
- Does Hedera intend to raise more funds from hbar sales? If so, how?
- What is the current allocation of hbar ownership?
- Can the offer be amended, and if so, will I be notified if it is amended?