If you receive a new SAFT, the number of hbars you are entitled to receive out of your Original Allocation will not change. As explained in response to these two FAQ articles: How many hbars will my new SAFT give me the right to receive & How will this process work for the distribution of the Bonus Allocation, the quantity of hbars you receive as part of the Bonus Allocation each quarter will vary depending on Hedera’s sale of coins, and the US dollar value of each distribution – which is used to determine when you have reached the cap on the Bonus Allocation – will depend on the market price of hbars at the time. Therefore, it is not possible to determine in advance the total number of hbars you will receive under the Bonus Allocation or determine an effective price per hbar. However, the aggregate value of the distributions that make up the Bonus Allocation (with each distribution valued at the time made) will equal your original Purchase Amount. You should consult with your financial advisor and/or tax professional to understand the implications for calculating your cost basis in hbars you receive as part of the Original Allocation or Bonus Allocation and for any other tax, accounting and financial questions you may have.
Articles in this section
- How many bonus allocation hbars have been distributed to those who accepted the proposed SAFT Exchange offer?
- Where can I find the SAFT Exchange Offer documents?
- How much revenue does Hedera currently generate?
- How does Hedera allocate hbars to its employees, vendors, advisors and other service providers?
- How is Hedera management compensated?
- What factors could cause Hedera to change its strategy regarding the number of hbars in circulation?
- How is the Offer expected to impact the current hbar release schedules?
- What is the status of Hedera’s hbar release schedules prior to making this SAFT Exchange Offer?
- Does Hedera intend to raise more funds from hbar sales? If so, how?
- What is the current allocation of hbar ownership?