Hedera Hashgraph, LLC is a limited liability company organized under Delaware law in the United States. The purpose of Hedera is to support the orderly development and ongoing maintenance of the Hedera network, on top of which developers and users engage in their various businesses, activities, and interactions. Hedera is responsible for the governance of the Hedera network, including approving and implementing software upgrades, network pricing, regulatory compliance, and the management of the treasury of the network’s hbar cryptocurrency. Hedera’s LLC Agreement is publicly available at https://www.hedera.com/hedera-llc-agreement.pdf.
Articles in this section
- Can Hedera pursue Central Bank Digital Currency Initiatives?
- Who serves on Hedera’s Board of Managers?
- How does Hedera address perceived or actual conflicts of interest between Hedera and individual Council members?
- How does the Council divide its governing responsibilities?
- How are Council members selected?
- Who formed the Council? When was it created?
- Did Hedera pay Council members to join the Council?
- What economic rights do members of the Council have?
- What are the responsibilities of Council members?
- Who owns Hedera Hashgraph, LLC? Why was it structured this way?