The Hedera Council is ultimately responsible for hbar distribution and circulation. Hedera has certain contractual obligations to distribute hbars, some of which predate the formation of the multi-member Council (e.g., SAFTs; agreements to pay advisors and certain vendors in hbar; compensation agreements with employees). However, hbars may not be transferred out of the Hedera Treasury account and new types of allocations may not be made without the approval of a majority of Council members or, if delegated by the Council, the Board of Managers.
Articles in this section
- Can Hedera pursue Central Bank Digital Currency Initiatives?
- Who serves on Hedera’s Board of Managers?
- How does Hedera address perceived or actual conflicts of interest between Hedera and individual Council members?
- How does the Council divide its governing responsibilities?
- How are Council members selected?
- Who formed the Council? When was it created?
- Did Hedera pay Council members to join the Council?
- What economic rights do members of the Council have?
- What are the responsibilities of Council members?
- Who owns Hedera Hashgraph, LLC? Why was it structured this way?