As noted in response to "Did Hedera pay council members to join the Council?", Hedera requires that any material transactions (those with a value of $100,000 or more) between a Council member and Hedera be reviewed and approved by the Board to prevent actual or perceived conflicts of interest or self-dealing. Board members with an interest in the transaction must recuse themselves from such decision.
Articles in this section
- Why did Hedera create a new role of President, and what does it mean that Brett McDowell is now the Chair and President?
- When will the payments be made from Hedera to Swirlds Labs, as part of the previously announced outsourcing agreement?
- Board Compensation at Hedera
- How would Hedera comply with a Government sanction?
- Can the Council freeze an account or roll back a transaction?
- Can Hedera pursue Central Bank Digital Currency Initiatives?
- Who serves on Hedera’s Board of Directors?
- How does Hedera address perceived or actual conflicts of interest between Hedera and individual Council members?
- How does the Council divide its governing responsibilities?
- How are Council members selected?