As noted in response to "Did Hedera pay council members to join the Council?", Hedera requires that any material transactions (those with a value of $100,000 or more) between a Council member and Hedera be reviewed and approved by the Board to prevent actual or perceived conflicts of interest or self-dealing. Board members with an interest in the transaction must recuse themselves from such decision.
Articles in this section
- Can Hedera pursue Central Bank Digital Currency Initiatives?
- Who serves on Hedera’s Board of Managers?
- How does Hedera address perceived or actual conflicts of interest between Hedera and individual Council members?
- How does the Council divide its governing responsibilities?
- How are Council members selected?
- Who formed the Council? When was it created?
- Did Hedera pay Council members to join the Council?
- What economic rights do members of the Council have?
- What are the responsibilities of Council members?
- Who owns Hedera Hashgraph, LLC? Why was it structured this way?