All Hedera SAFT investors are required to:
- Have a Hedera Portal profile tied to the email address associated with their SAFT agreement
- Set up their Hedera Wallet, in order to receive their HBAR distribution
1) I have an existing Hedera Portal profile and Hedera Wallet:
If you already have a Hedera Portal profile and set up your Hedera Wallet, you'll use this existing account to receive HBAR distribution(s) in accordance with your SAFT agreement. Please carefully read the information below to ensure proper setup.
• Hedera Portal email address requirement: Hedera Portal email address requirement: Hedera Portal profiles of SAFT holders must use the email address associated with their SAFT agreement — if you've already created a Hedera Portal profile using an email address other than the one associated with your SAFT agreement, follow these instructions to update your profile's email address to the correct one.
• Hedera Wallet access requirements: Please make sure —
- You have access to your Hedera Wallet (on your iOS / Android device). Tap the "refresh" icon, on the top right of your Hedera Wallet application, to ensure the wallet account refreshes is working properly.
- The account ID found within the "Default Account" menu item (found in the Hedera Wallet application’s side-bar) matches the account ID listed in your Hedera Portal profile (https://portal.hedera.com/).
- Securely document your 24-word backup phrase! This cannot be stressed enough. Please visit the “Backup Passphrase” option in the side-menu of your Hedera Wallet for access to your passphrase and to securely document. Without your backup phrase, you will not be able to restore your wallet when necessary (such as when/if you get a new mobile phone).
- If you no longer have access to your Hedera Wallet and are unable to restore the wallet using your backup phrase because you lost it — please file a support request immediately ( https://help.hedera.com/hc/en-us/requests/new ). Hedera is unable to restore access to any accounts — you will be required to create a new account, with the help of our support staff, in the above scenario.
• Did you previously have a "flagged account"? If you had previously created a Hedera Portal profile using the email address associated with your SAFT agreement — but the account was flagged and prevented you from accessing — we have lifted that flag. You are now able to access your profile, continue setup, and (if required) reset the password.
2) I do NOT have an existing Hedera Portal profile or Hedera Wallet:
Please follow steps 1 - 4 below, depicted in the instructional video, to create a Hedera Portal profile and set up your Hedera Wallet. For the easiest experience, we strongly recommend completing these steps on a mobile device (iOS / Android).
- Create a Hedera Portal profile at https://portal.hedera.com/register using the same email address associated with your SAFT agreement — this is the same email address you've recently validated with Hedera, via our SAFT confirmation form.
- Complete the Identity Verification process (KYC) after logging into https://portal.hedera.com/ on a mobile device. The identity verification process can take up to 5 business days — we highly recommend using your passport for faster ID verification. If you do not use your passport, the ID verification process will take longer.
- Download and set up the Hedera Wallet (iOS / Android) by following the steps outlined in this article.
- Wait for further instruction from Hedera with regards to receiving your coin distribution in accordance with your SAFT agreement(s).
Have any questions about the above? If the information above does not address your situation, submit a support request using your SAFT email address with a detailed explanation: https://help.hedera.com/hc/en-us/requests/new. Put ‘SAFT’ in the subject line of your request.